Friday, November 16, 2007

Down time

Seems like I have been injured or sick a lot this year. Broke my foot this spring. I couldn't windsurf, but at least I could sail the boat with my cast on. I had been back windsurfing for about a month when I picked up some sort of nasty viral infection [probably from the polluted water here in NY]

“Down time” is killer. To be unable to the very things that relive our stress, and bring us joy, the part of us that is our very essence…it is how we identify ourselves: to lose that…sucks!

I haven't been able to windsurf or surf for 3 weeks now. I have missed at least three epic sessions. Which is why I have the time to do this Blog thing right now. At least the boat is in the water for a few more weeks. It will be cold this weekend but hopefully I'll be able to sail for awhile. At the very least, I need to get some antifreeze into the boat's systems

No comments: