Above photo taken by Steve Domjan at the Bowl. Thank you Steve, you could have been sailing you

  • Above photo taken by Steve Domjan at the Bowl. Thank you Steve, you could have been sailing yourself instead of taking photos of me.

Monday, December 31, 2007

Sailed West Meadow today

I Sailed West Meadow today. Finally was able to sail the new JP. Rigged a 5.5 and was well powered but not overpowered. I have never felt so instantly comfortable on a new board. The extra volume glided me through my jibes, and any lulls in the wind. I only sailed for two hours but it felt great. I did hit the notorious sand bars twice with my fin, which sent me flying over the handlebars. But, once I hit the out side bars everything just clicked. There was a nice waist high swell on my port tacks, and you could get two or three bottom turns before it closed out. Yea, I'm sore now; but it was so worth it. It didn't seem too cold; I'm guessing mid 40's. I've really missed windsurfing these last few months.

No comments: