Above photo taken by Steve Domjan at the Bowl. Thank you Steve, you could have been sailing you

  • Above photo taken by Steve Domjan at the Bowl. Thank you Steve, you could have been sailing yourself instead of taking photos of me.

Sunday, December 16, 2007

You have to draw the line somewhere.

It's currently 36 F outside. There is about 3 inches of snow on the ground. It is also blowing 30 to 40 from the NE, Perfect conditions for the Mysto wave to show up. I want to go sail [windsurf] but I'm still unsure if I'm really feel up to it. I am still only operating at about 80% when I am feeling good. Yesterday I had a great sail on Segue. The air temp was in the high 30's and it was sunny. Wind was variable 8 to 15. I stayed dry and warm. But I also wore my harness the whole sail. Maybe I'm just feeling my mortality lately. I just didn't want to go overboard and ruin a great day. It took me about an hour to clear most of the ice off the deck.

It's 9:30 now, and I can hear the wind howling outside. Think I need another few cups of coffee to get going. I know there are at least three guys out sailing now, maybe I'll just go out and watch from the warmth of the van. Or I could just stay inside snugged up in my PJ's...

No comments: