Sunday, December 16, 2007

You have to draw the line somewhere.

It's currently 36 F outside. There is about 3 inches of snow on the ground. It is also blowing 30 to 40 from the NE, Perfect conditions for the Mysto wave to show up. I want to go sail [windsurf] but I'm still unsure if I'm really feel up to it. I am still only operating at about 80% when I am feeling good. Yesterday I had a great sail on Segue. The air temp was in the high 30's and it was sunny. Wind was variable 8 to 15. I stayed dry and warm. But I also wore my harness the whole sail. Maybe I'm just feeling my mortality lately. I just didn't want to go overboard and ruin a great day. It took me about an hour to clear most of the ice off the deck.

It's 9:30 now, and I can hear the wind howling outside. Think I need another few cups of coffee to get going. I know there are at least three guys out sailing now, maybe I'll just go out and watch from the warmth of the van. Or I could just stay inside snugged up in my PJ's...

No comments: