Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Jinxed no more


Monday 5/19/08 blew a nice westerly down Long Island Sound. I've been jinxed lately. Every time I announce that I am leaving work early to go windsurfing...something happens at work to make that impossible. So I while I spent Monday at work, checking the wind. I never said to any one that I was going to sail that day. So my plan worked, and I bolted out the door at 3:50 PM.
Pete, and Rich had been out at Stehle overpowered on 5.5's when I arrived to serious lull. It was nice just to be out of the office. For a while I considered rigging a big sail and board combination. But figured I would be better off with a 5.5 because in the gusts Pete was well powered. I'm glad I did. Steve, Lenny and Chuck all eventually showed; and the wind filled in nicely.
It wasn't epic, but the water had this aquamarine glow to it. The swell wasn't half bad, and for Stehle...well it was pretty damn good. What could be better after a day at work,
than sailing with your buddies?

Oh and a special thanks to Blue Harbor Cat, who stood out there in the cold snapping photos of us.

No comments: