Above photo taken by Steve Domjan at the Bowl. Thank you Steve, you could have been sailing you

  • Above photo taken by Steve Domjan at the Bowl. Thank you Steve, you could have been sailing yourself instead of taking photos of me.

Saturday, July 19, 2008

Sometimes you just need rest

Well the shoulder thing is back. My vicodine/celibrex cocktails are no longer keeping the inflammation down. At least it's mid July, and on the whole not very windy. So maybe I've missed one good session. Thank god I have Segue in the water. Lauralee and I have had some really nice late day sails. The temps have been in the 90's; just too hot for her. But we have had some nice light [8-12 knot] thermals. They start late, [about 5] and die promptly at sunset. Plus the mid 80's temperatures are easier to handle.

I'm doing my rehab thing. I think I've done it enough in the last 25 years to remember all the exercises to do. I even have some 'therabands' from my last incident. The big thing is to give it time to heal. And that's always been a problem for me. If it doesn't start to feel better in a few weeks, I'll have to go back to the Doc, who'll do an MRI to diagnose what I already know...who'll prescribe PT for 6 weeks...and then will finally give me an injection...and I'll be fine for another 6 months, to, 2 years.

1 comment:

PeconicPuffin said...

Ye of the theraband brotherhood,

I find that the shots only work if I'm also religious about both the PT AND the ice. I got lax early this summer, and one shoulder started acting up. Consulted my notes...now it's excercise and ice and frequent breaks while sailing...and if da notes are accurate I should be improved in a few more weeks.

I always remember what my best PTherapist said to me:

Me: how long will I need to do these excercise?
Her: For the rest of your life.
Me: Oh.