Sunday, May 3, 2009

Well folks, it's been a while. My timing has been off the last few weeks. There have been windy days; just not when I go windsurfing. At least the freakishly warm weather has enabled me to sail sans hood and gloves. So maybe I'll get some calluses on my tender paws.

The teak on Segue looks like crap, but Lauralee and I have been enjoying life on the mooring. It is a welcome change after spending this winter at a slip.

Last Sunday was 90 degrees. The water is still in the low 50's. LL and I took our first trip to the Town of Babylon 4X4 beach. I was lucky enough to get one of the only 50 permits issued for this Pilot Program. This meant that for the first time ever; I was able to go surfing from my truck, on a Long Island beach with out breaking the law. I can't describe what that felt like...

Of course the State is still enforcing it's anti surfing policies. I understand that several surfers had their permits pulled, and/or were ticketed at Demo. So there is still work to be done.

Yesterday I attended the Jones Beach Lifeguard Rally. The State is closing beaches, and laying off guards this summer.

No comments: