Friday, February 19, 2010

2nd February sail

I'm cheap. I really don't like to spend money. So when I finally bought a replacement for the JP 109, I obsessed and worried about it. I kept thinking "I'm good with glass and epoxy" "I could fix this". I will: eventually. But I'm sure I'll add a ton of extra weight. So I was pretty apprehensive about sailing the RRD today. It took a little getting used to. But that board ripped. I have repaired and added so my epoxy to the JP, I had forgotten what a crisp ride felt like. She is everything I hoped for: about as close a shape as I could find to the JP. Oh well; I really didn't need a dishwasher,and new washer dryer. I never would have pulled the trigger if I hadn't crashed last weekend. As it turned out I got a very nice price. Isthmus sailboards had to make room for this years inventory. Gary Stone, the owner, is around my age. So he gets it. Always good honest advice.

Oh yea: and I sailed the RRD 110 FSW with a 6.0 from 3:30 to sunset. About 2 hours. There were about 5 to 7 of us out at West Meadow. I'm back.

No comments: