Above photo taken by Steve Domjan at the Bowl. Thank you Steve, you could have been sailing you

  • Above photo taken by Steve Domjan at the Bowl. Thank you Steve, you could have been sailing yourself instead of taking photos of me.

Monday, February 7, 2011

My dry spell ends


So while I surfed the 8th, and windsurfed January 9th. And had a decent, but cold sail on Segue on the 15th. after that… I was landlocked. It was too cold to sail or surf, and the entrance to the creek where I keep Segue is frozen shut. To make maters worse It has been snowing so much, I can’t even ice sail. And lastly my body had been messing with me.

But things are looking up! I finally sent of my photos of my Ezzys that I am having problems with. It is very uncharacteristic of his sail to tear the way these two 09 Wave Panthers have.  I have been using his sails for over 20 years, and they have always proven to be bulletproof. I have to think this is an isolated incident. In fact I have so much faith I his creations, that I just bought two more Ezzy waves on closeout with Isthmus.

Mustang and I had a nice surf Saturday February  5th. And Saturday night McPhilly, Pre-Marital Chuck and I went out to see Dommer's Band Play. They where really good.

 I also just learned that I am going to be part of the Windsurf Magazine 2011 Board tests in March. How cool is that?
[more to come on that subject, for sure]

But the great thing is I’m back in the water. The new drugs seem to be working. God it feels great to not be in pain!

3 comments:

McPhilly said...

I plan on embarassing you in the Spring.

Now beat in mind that I am part Breton, and my Breton mother just sent me a new:

http://rowingforpleasure.blogspot.com/2010/05/yachting-caps-derision-rightly-directed.html

so you can tell your boating pals, well he's actually a Breton and can speak a few words of the language, and has even sailed a small boat out of Le Conquet!

McPhilly said...

I mean "bear" in mind ...

But I did find the diss amusing, but I will not be daunted.

"Captain JP has a yachting cap dilemma. It is a knotty problem, the hat thing. Many sailors of enormous experience and seniority regard the Breton cap as a symbol of authority. But many younger, ruder sailors say wearing a Breton cap is a sure sign of moral turpitude and mental collapse. And fashion brain-death.
What is clear is that the cap, a practical and stylish tile especially for those of us who might be follically challenged, is now under attack. I blame the rise of the moronic baseball cap."

drysuit2 said...

I don't think you can embarrass me my friend: have you seen my sun hat?