Sunday, May 29, 2011

Sometimes it does pay to be on the late shift.

Sometimes it does pay to be on the late shift.

I meant to leave work early on Friday. It just didn't work out that way.

I sailed Segue Thursday night, so I really wanted to windsurf. Even though the holiday weekend traffic sucked, LL and I decided to go to Heckscher anyway. The worst that could happen is I would go SUP'ing. It took about an hour and a half, But it was nice to catch up with Joe and meet some newer LI Windsurfers. After and hour or so, I was getting sunburned, and everyone was packing it up for the day. Some had already gone home.

Then at 6:25PM it just started. I didn't know how long it would last, or how strong it would be; but it was a thermal! I rigged and was on the water in less than 10 minutes.Ira, Joe, "natureBoy" Ruocco, and myself, caught about an hour or so before it started to fade.
That's all I needed.



No comments: