Above photo taken by Steve Domjan at the Bowl. Thank you Steve, you could have been sailing you

  • Above photo taken by Steve Domjan at the Bowl. Thank you Steve, you could have been sailing yourself instead of taking photos of me.

Sunday, May 29, 2011

Sometimes it does pay to be on the late shift.

Sometimes it does pay to be on the late shift.

I meant to leave work early on Friday. It just didn't work out that way.

I sailed Segue Thursday night, so I really wanted to windsurf. Even though the holiday weekend traffic sucked, LL and I decided to go to Heckscher anyway. The worst that could happen is I would go SUP'ing. It took about an hour and a half, But it was nice to catch up with Joe and meet some newer LI Windsurfers. After and hour or so, I was getting sunburned, and everyone was packing it up for the day. Some had already gone home.

Then at 6:25PM it just started. I didn't know how long it would last, or how strong it would be; but it was a thermal! I rigged and was on the water in less than 10 minutes.Ira, Joe, "natureBoy" Ruocco, and myself, caught about an hour or so before it started to fade.
That's all I needed.



No comments: