Saturday, July 9, 2011

Injured again.

It's just a part of life.

As you get older it takes longer each time to come back from injuries. My 50 year old body heals slower than it did, even 10 years ago.
I some respects; because I have more knowledge: I tend not to get hurt as much.
Experience has taught me how far I can push things, before they push back. [Not that I always listen.]

And sometimes...shit just happens. I'm trying to come back. Maybe too soon.
Anyway; I woke up at 5:30 to try and catch the 6:30 swell this morning. [Before the beaches are crowded, and the wind gets on a perfectly beautiful 3 foot swell with an 8 second period.]...

But I am just not ready. My body is still feeling the effects of being locked away for two weeks. I guess this is going to take longer than I thought.

Until then; thank god I have Segue. Sailing doesn't fill me the way surfing or windsurfing the ocean does... but she is a close second. And while I may be pushing the envelope as far as surfing goes...I will surely be able to sail for the rest of my life. And I fully intend to do so.

No comments: