Saturday, June 23, 2018

It just is.

Let me preface this by saying that I am not trying to be a contrarian.

It’s just that I have been bothered or troubled by peoples perception of watermen my whole life.
Bum, dude, zen, chill, agro, extreme, STOP!

Some of us are just connected to the ocean. For some genetic reason…I need it.

Safety and sanity are relative. And I totally understand that certain activities may not appeal to every individual in same way.
Me personally…The people I know.. We need to be in the ocean. It just is.

I’m not a risk taker. I don’t like to be pushed out of my comfort zone. I don’t engage in “extreme sports”. I am not an “adrenaline junky”. I'm not a "daredevil".

I am the opposite; I like to be in control.

I train, I practice, I meticulously make sure my gear, my body, my skills, and my mind are ready.
Actually, I probably spend more time thinking about windsurfing than actually windsurfing.

Below, please find Iggy’s drone footage of a sweet GSB Day.


https://vimeo.com/276418395


Some excellent pics from Jill Marie, from a few weeks ago. I'm on the blue Severne Blade. 

 "upwind Mike" lays one down. Also by Jill Marie

No comments: