Sunday, December 30, 2007

Nothing is ever perfect

I still haven't been able to sail the JP 109 yet. The last two times it was windy enough... I was either busy, or it was the middle of the night. But I did modify the deck pads. The way JP glued the deck pads on the board would be fine if I was sailing the out board straps. But created this Uncomfortable ridge under my heal if I was to use the inboard option. I chose to sand down the ridge. I could tell it would just bug the shit out of me.

OK. I did go out on Segue the last two days in a row. Friday the wind was light and I just ghosted around the harbor. Yesterday, December 29th, was a respectable 8 - 12 knots, and it was warm [in the 50's]. The breeze was out of the North West, and as the front passed there was a sweet rainbow on the border or the clouds and the clearing sky. On both days there were at least 5 other boats out. I guess more people are realizing that sailing doesn't have to stop November 15th.

Port does have an active Frostbiters fleet. But it revolves around racing. You have to sail from the Manhasset Bay Yacht Club, Sundays at 1 to 4pm, and can only sail an Ideal18, or a traditional, Interclub dingy. Interclubs are a very tender craft; as a result, they tend to cancel racing every time it's windy.

No comments: