Tuesday, April 8, 2008

OBX update # 1 & #2

This is how I know I have not slipped into vacation mode yet.
It's been 5 days and...
I'm still getting up early.
I have been reading all my work e-mails, and worrying about the next.
Lauralee and I have not seen the sun, or worn shorts yet.
I'm convinced my truck's power steering is not right.
Our soundfront rental has some sort of a killer mold/water damage thing going on.
It's been 20+ knots 3 (make that 4) days in a row, and my hands are raw.
I have only worn my Drysuit to sail so far.
4X4 access is still legal.But I have not driven to the ocean side yet.
The ocean is just too rough for me to sail, or surf. Total Victory at Sea conditions.

I am having to force my self to rest.

7 comments:

Andy said...

Hey welcome back to the beach!

The southside isn't too crazy for waves right now, just straight offshore wind... if it goes more NE this afternoon, you'll likely find a lot of the local crew at Isabelle's (in between Frisco and Hatteras Villages).

See ya out there!

Andy said...

Keep an eye on the forum for updates!

http://groups.google.com/group/obxbeachlife

drysuit2 said...

Thanks Andy
I'll see if I'm man enough.

elysurf said...

Hey Frank,

So now its 5 days in a row of sailing, not bad, my friend! You're lucky to be down there!

All the best to you and Lauralee. Keep up the stoke. And you'll be in shorts soon enough--is that a good thing? I've never seen your gams, brah!

Ely

drysuit2 said...

Hey Ely, Thanks for stopping by.
Hopefully the weather will warm, and you and I will sail together again. BTW I loved your Maui Reports.

elysurf said...

Looking forward to that day, Frank! In the meantime, I'll send you some posts from Maui, where I'll be starting the end of next week.

All the best,

Ely

PeconicPuffin said...

Are you still down OBX way? I arrived late Monday...been sailing with Mike Burns and his crew in Avon. So far it's been two days of 30+ knots. Biggest sail I've been on (briefly) was a 4.5...it's been mostly 3.4 for me. I'd love to bottle the last ten knots and save them for some day when it's blowing 8!