Sunday, April 5, 2009

Spring is finaly here.

Friday the 27-surf was great; I sucked.

Saturday the 28th- Lauralee and I were expecting a light, mellow sail... instead; We were right on the boundary layer of this front: thick cloud cover drawing a

line from Whitestone through city island up to Rye. Totally clear windy sky
above and to the east. Wind was East, with. Gusts out of the south east.

Monday the 30- sailed CIB with, Dommer, Brew, Mustang, DTL Pete, and Upwind Mike. We all rigged 5 something's; By the time we came off the water we should have been on 4.0. Swell was great till it was knocked down by the 35 mph gusts. Just a perfect after work session.

Wednesday the 1st- nice easterly with K'Dog, Air George, and Tanner Jim. Played in the flats over by Fire Island. Kinda' felt like Hatteras.

Saturday the 4th- 5.5 on the JP 109: sweet knee to shoulder high swell. This is the third day I have sailed this week! I feel like I'm on vacation....that is until I get home and realize I have work to do that will keep me up well past midnight. Ah balance; I will continue to search for you.


No comments: