Friday, June 12, 2009

summertime?


So last weekend I didn't sail in the East Coast Windsurfing fest. Instead, I sailed the Northeaster Friday night at Crab. It wasn't the best session; it was raining, cold, and I broke the nose of my favorite board: but I sailed with my friends, we had it all to ourselves. I knew that if I sailed Friday night, odds were, my body wouldn't have been able to sail on Saturday as well. And I'm fine with that. I really don't enjoy racing, and competition, as much as I do free sailing.
I go out when the time is right. When the wind, waves, tides, and my body create the right conditions. That's when I go out. It's the pure joy that I crave.

I am truly impressed by all of the competitors last weekend. Waiting around all day for your assigned heat. All to test who was the best sailor, at that specific time, on that specific day, with that specific gear, given those specific conditions. That's hard.

No comments: