Saturday, March 27, 2010

interesting

"On Behalf Of Port Washington Yacht Club News & Information
Sent: Wednesday, March 24, 2010 6:41 PM
To: pwycnews@listserve.com
Subject: [PWYCNews] New Windsurfing Program

Dear Members:

Despite the uncertain times we are living in, we are hard at work to make summer 2010 the best season ever at PWYC – with more services and more fun available to the members than ever before. Therefore we are very pleased to announce that we have retained the services of a windsurfing instructor for the summer season, beginning June 15th. Philip Muller is a US Windsurfing National Champion who has participated in events in Hawaii, Spain and Portugal.

In addition to windsurfing instruction being available to the children enrolled in the Junior Programs, there will be instruction available for all active members, children and adults, Monday - Friday from 5:30 PM – 7:30 PM and on Saturday and Sunday by appointment from 11:00 AM - 4:00 PM. The first one hour lesson is free and instruction will be $20.00 per hour thereafter.

When it comes to summer fun on the water, this is the place to be.

Sincerely,

Pasquale Veneziano

General Manager"

So it looks like windsurfing might stage a comeback: in Port Washington any way.

I wonder what type of boards he is going to teach on? As most of us progress through the sport, we tend to sell our old floaty learning gear. Instead, we gravitate towards more specialized high wind, wave, or freestyle gear. Believe me, I have regretted many times that I sold my old Equipes. Heck, there are even times I wish I still had my 1978 magnum 390, with it's baggy old white triangle sail. No footstraps, a plastic fin, and just pure light air fun. That Magnum cost me $200 dollars. Today you could buy a fin, or mast extension for that.

Meanwhile; I've had a few good and a few not so good sessions in the last month. I already posted about the Nor Easter. Since then I have sailed the 6.9 most often. It's a nice sail; but it still don't have it dialed in. Wednesday I sailed with open palm mittens. Soon enough, it will be time to put the drysuit away for summer.

No comments: