Wednesday, August 4, 2010

One down, five to go




Fixed the RRD, and painted it, Still glassing and grinding my fish and the JP. Still using tape as the paint on the nose repairs of both the sumo and the Syncro. And lastly, I have not even begun work on the Naish.

It’s August; I still have not found a replacement cable for my Sony camera; so any photos I post, are going to be poor quality cell phone pics.

The weather patterns are still really screwed up this season… But that is turning out to be a good thing. I’ve sailed Demo twice in the last two weeks. Both times on a 6.3 Ezzy Wave, and my 110 ltr RRD. Last nights session was the better of the two. Plus I’ve sailed the 125 ltr Sumo and the 6.9 three times in the last three weeks right here at home in good old Manhasset Bay.

I am just wrecking my body. Today I can’t even make a fist with my left hand; last week I could not lift my right arm above my shoulder. But I have to say I was proud of myself last night. After two hours of well powered wave sailing, I had one run where I came off a plane for a while. Instead of getting greedy, and exacerbating my various impingements. I sailed for home.

I’ve also had a few nice sails on Segue. So she is filthy again and the teak looks like crap. But how could a person complain? This summer is basically a working vacation for me. The only downside has been lack of beach time for Lauralee. It has affected me too. I haven’t surfed since April. But sailing and windsurfing are really my thing. The surfing for me, is only a way to get on the water when we have no wind.

2 comments:

McPhilly said...

I'm beat too, just from giving Robby lessons at Hecksewer. Got multiple impingements and whatnot, but, not enough to stop me attempting the good ole Heli tack.

Robby has passed uphaul phase. Sailing away should be next.

Glad you're getting the quality wave time. That is something.

Anonymous said...

Rich S. and I are trying to figure out a way to maybe have Matt Myron and the Port Water Taxi. get us out to the wind in PW. Was out sunday eve. you could have been on a 5.0 out by the lighthouse.