Thursday, March 31, 2011

2011 Windsurfing Magazine Board Tests

Life is good. While I am still no where near 100% physically: I am feeling better every day.

Josh Sampiero, from Windsurfing Magazine put together a great event, with a great group of varied people.
We arrived late Sunday, and although it was windy…my neck and shoulder hurt so much, I decided to wait for Monday, and start sailing after a good nights rest. I got to meet John Massman of Isthmus. I’ve been buying from these guys for 15 plus years. It was great to meet him face to face. [sorry you couldn’t be here too Gary]



Monday wasn’t that windy. So I pulled out my 10 year old Ezzy Infinity 8.5 and sailed my first Formula Board or two. It took me awhile to adjust, and once I did; I understand the love of planing in dead flat corduroy water, and 12 MPH. But truthfully, it was a lot of work. I think that if I didn’t own a sailboat; I would have one of these early planning machines.

Tuesday, was sunny, warm, and windless; great for healing. I took full advantage of it. The highlight of the day was spending time with Josh Angullo. The guy is a legend; yet he has a way of making everyone around him feel just as important.

Wednesday, was dead off shore gusty 17 to 25+. It was a bit of a pain to slog out and back from the wind line. But once out there, it was just great fun on some of the higher volume Free Rides’.


 


Thursday was also kind of a down day. No sun, but no real wind either. I saw some guys out on huge sails and Formulas pumping like crazy…But I’ll rest up. Friday, and Saturday are forecast to be side on, to on shore at 20-25 MPH! I can’t wait.

Plus the first of the Long Island crew show up tomorrow

No comments: