Sunday, March 6, 2011

Let’s hope my ship comes in…


So EZZY did their best to take care of my sail issues. Now I am like a little kid waiting for his Christmas presents. I can’t wait for my sails to arrive. I am told it should take another week or so. They are on a container ship somewhere in the Pacific. But I am so impatient. Yesterday I sailed my Ezzy Wave Panther 5.5 with my 110 ltr RRD FSW. I was almost relived that it was gusty 5.5 wind. That way I didn’t have to use my 9 year old 5.0. Some guys were out on 5.0’s; but I hate to shlog. Even so; I did shlog some of the time, but the sail never overpowered in the gusts. Just controlled power.

It’s getting warmer; yesterday I sailed with open palm mittens. This is wonderful; I can sail so much longer with bare hands, than mittens.
Plus DLST starts on the 13th; and my stint with Windsurfing Magazine as a guest Tester starts soon. So I am really going to need those sails. I am making do with my old 5.0 and just not sailing when it is light enough for the 6.9. I CAN’T WAIT FOR MY NEW TOYS TO ARRIVE! I promise to treat them well and enjoy the hell out of them.

Special thanks goes to Garry Stone of Isthmus Sailboards, and Tim Ortlieb of Ezzy.
Let’s hope my ship comes in…

3 comments:

PeconicPuffin said...

possible Tiana sesh on Sunday. If not Tiana then Sebonac Inlet fyi.

McPhilly said...

Most cool. Glad the side effects of the cipro have bugged back where they belong and set you free to sail without damage.

PS. Remember to tell everyone to rig a meter to a meter and a half smaller than you, eh!

Cheers,

P

Anonymous said...

Back on a new course of antibiotics. But F it I'm going to Hatteras anyway. I think the warm weather will do me good.
Frank