Tuesday, July 12, 2011

I feel like I just woke up

So here we are. It’s the middle of the summer. How did that happen so fast?
I missed those magic weeks this season. The ones where the air is still in the 70’s, the water is in the 60’s, it’s light until 9pm or more, and the water is un-crowded. I love those weeks.
I went straight from 4/3’s and a hood to sweating like a pig. Granted, a great deal of the fault lies with me. If I hadn’t fallen and injured myself, I would likely have been in the water instead of a hospital bed.
So I spent some time on Seque; the warmer water has really contributed to its marine growth. It had choked her engine intake and fouled her bottom, and she has a brown mustache above the waterline. I am not even going to get into how neglected the teak is.
The 4th of July weekend was a zoo as usual. Some giant tennis sneaker was blaring Alicia Keys’ New York at 500 decibels. The wind was light, so LL and I sailed out of the mooring area, found a nice quiet spot, and I took a nap. [Of course when I woke up I waxed some of the coach roof].  
I guess the silver lining is that it will be Labor Day soon enough, and our access issues wane, as the wind and waves gain in strength. Hopefully my body will gain in strength as well.
I did sail yesterday [shuuuuush; I’m not supposed to, for a few more weeks. But I was pretty bummed that I couldn’t summon the strength to surf this weekend. I went to Heckscher; which is very shallow and flat. It felt great to be back at home, in the water. Where I belong.

4 comments:

Jeff, aka Peconic Jeff said...

Hey Frank, great to see you out there at Heckscher, I had no idea you were injured. Watertime is pretty impossible to resist, isn't it?

drysuit2 said...

Ya know I have to apologize. I didn't realize it was you till after the fact. Nice shots you took BTW.

Kiki said...

Heal up and feel better! I hate getting injured, especially when it keeps me from playing tennis!

drysuit2 said...

Kiki, here's hoping you don"t have to deal with any injuries.