Wednesday, June 27, 2012

My head in the bilge

So I spent the morning on my roof, doing the things like cleaning my gutters, that I should have done last Fall.

It’s been that kind of a week…Theoretically, I’m on vacation. Yet I am still driving my Assistant crazy. I have been trying for the last week or so to fill a customer’s request. His parameters are so restrictive; I might as well be at the office. But I‘m not.

Yesterday was spent upside down with my head in the bilge of Segue. When you own a 27 year old boat; electrical gremlins are to be expected. Segue’s bilge pump has been haunting me for decades.

Today I expected a typical North Westerly. It would start out hard, then blow itself out by noon. Sounds like a great day to get some work done, then have a nice afternoon sail and get some sun.
Only that isn’t what happened. The wind reports kept teasing me. The breeze would moderate; then pick up again.
I had to go Windsurfing. By the time I decided where to sail from it was 2:00 PM. By the time I reached the beach, it was 3:30. So I rigged the biggest sail I have [a 6.9] and my biggest board [a 125 ltr Sumo] and hit the water. It was one of those gusty days that you where over, or under-powered no mater what you rigged.

So thanks to Jim, the BlueHarborCat we have proof that I wasn’t slogging the whole time. [Thanks Jim].



1 comment:

McPhilly said...

Good post. Glad you got to sail in between phone calls.

Up here in Cape Cod looking for you -- expected to run into you up here ... lol

P