Above photo taken by Steve Domjan at the Bowl. Thank you Steve, you could have been sailing you

  • Above photo taken by Steve Domjan at the Bowl. Thank you Steve, you could have been sailing yourself instead of taking photos of me.

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

My head in the bilge

So I spent the morning on my roof, doing the things like cleaning my gutters, that I should have done last Fall.

It’s been that kind of a week…Theoretically, I’m on vacation. Yet I am still driving my Assistant crazy. I have been trying for the last week or so to fill a customer’s request. His parameters are so restrictive; I might as well be at the office. But I‘m not.

Yesterday was spent upside down with my head in the bilge of Segue. When you own a 27 year old boat; electrical gremlins are to be expected. Segue’s bilge pump has been haunting me for decades.

Today I expected a typical North Westerly. It would start out hard, then blow itself out by noon. Sounds like a great day to get some work done, then have a nice afternoon sail and get some sun.
Only that isn’t what happened. The wind reports kept teasing me. The breeze would moderate; then pick up again.
I had to go Windsurfing. By the time I decided where to sail from it was 2:00 PM. By the time I reached the beach, it was 3:30. So I rigged the biggest sail I have [a 6.9] and my biggest board [a 125 ltr Sumo] and hit the water. It was one of those gusty days that you where over, or under-powered no mater what you rigged.

So thanks to Jim, the BlueHarborCat we have proof that I wasn’t slogging the whole time. [Thanks Jim].



1 comment:

McPhilly said...

Good post. Glad you got to sail in between phone calls.

Up here in Cape Cod looking for you -- expected to run into you up here ... lol

P