Sunday, September 3, 2017

I'm about to rant. So you can skip this one if you'd like.


Not sure why I started writing on this unrelated topic. I think that I just had to get it out of my system. If I posted this on FB, every troll and their grandmother would come out of the wood work. But nobody actually reads this Blog. So…

I’m not growing old as gracefully as I’d like. That’s frustrating. For the first time in 32 years, I made the choice to change the name on my paycheck. I believed it would be better for my clients, and better for me in the long run. It hasn’t been easy. In fact, I haven't worked this hard since I was in my 20’s. But I needed to do it.

It’s an unfortunate reality that there are a lot of other frustrated people out there.  
Many felt they were entitled to “The American Dream” simply because they were born here. 
The post WWII Boom set American’s expectations unrealistic high. The new expectation was that every generation would do better than their parents.
Well yes; if your parents grew up during the Great Depression of the 1930’s that’s a reasonable expectation. For those of you born after that…No. It’s not.

So gripe number one: Stop blaming everyone else. Yes the “system is rigged against you”. But only because you let it become that way. It took decades of apathy. Decades of you: not voting, not paying attention, filling your life with short term things, and  nothing meaningful to show for it. We ALL did this.

Gripe number two: It doesn’t mater whether you call yourself Liberal, Conservative, Libertarian, Independent, etc.. 
New ideas have always germinated from the far something.
But this great country of ours rules from the center. 
We accomplish through  compromise. 
We accomplish through ACTUAL participation, Not because of what you post on social media.

Gripe number three: Everyone has their own spirituality. There is no “one true way”.
Stop quoting me passages from a book written and re-written centuries ago. A book  that has routinely been translated, and revised since before it was even written down.
This is why we are always at war. Enough! 

Final gripe for today: In light of the upcoming anniversary of the day. Let’s stop using it as an excuse for anything and everything. Especially if you have no personal connection, or were nowhere near the events of that day.


Thank you.


This was the view from my office window from 9/12/2001 to 3/30/2006. On 4/01/2006,  after working in The City since 1984, I started working in the suburbs.

No comments: