Friday, February 18, 2011

This is going to be one great Spring!

segue.edited..1.16.11 from Frank Messina on Vimeo.
Sorry guys, I still haven’t found a video editing software program simple enough for me to use, that gives me the ability to add a soundtrack. I was going to use “Wooden Ships”By CSNY. But feel free to play whatever music suits your tastes. I was also thinking of “Southern Cross” by CSNY, or “The Reach” By Dan Fogelberg. If, however you chose “Sailing” by Christopher Cross, you are hereby banned from this website.

This is for all my landlocked friends out there. You armchair sailors. I cut the footage down from one hour so it would fit Vimeo’s 500MB limit. This sail was on January 15, 2011: it was the last day that I could get through the ice to the open water of the sound. Even that was a little tight. I left a nice little trail of red bottom paint in the ice for my friend Garry to follow on his way out of the harbor.

I’ve surfed and windsurfed a little bit this February. But have really been miserable with a sinus infection the last two weeks. So last week I missed some nice ice, and tomorrow is supposed to be in the 40’s and nukin’. http://www.peconicpuffin.com/the_peconic_puffin/

 I will however, have to pass. I have learned from experience that overdoing it with Cipro in your system can really mess up your joints. So while I am feeling better [I took my last pill this morning], I don’t want to chance ruining my whole Spring season for one day on the water.

The air temperature has been in the 50’s the last two days; so maybe I’ll get to take Segue out again this weekend. The ice looked pretty well broken up, or melted on my drive in this morning.

But I need to take it easy. Daylight Savings starts March 13th, and my gig with Windsurfing Magazine in Hatteras [as a guest Tester] starts around the end of March.
This is going to be one great Spring!

2 comments:

McPhilly said...

Levaquin here - bronchitis and some sinus to go with it.

You'll be back before you know it,

P

drysuit2 said...

Couch surfing today. but I will probably go sailing on Saturday or Sunday. I could use the sailing partner and i WILL be taking it mellow.