Above photo taken by Steve Domjan at the Bowl. Thank you Steve, you could have been sailing you

  • Above photo taken by Steve Domjan at the Bowl. Thank you Steve, you could have been sailing yourself instead of taking photos of me.

Thursday, January 12, 2012

This puts things in perspective

I tore some tendons and ligaments in October 2010. The cortisone shots [4 of them] worked for about a year. In December 2011 I started PRP therapy. I see the Doc next week; but it looks like we may end up with surgery. Bottom line: in the past, the cortisone shots gave me the relief I needed to continue sailing and healing. I have had more than I can remember, and in more places than I can count. I’m sure my accident this Summer didn’t help. Nothing like being in a coma for a few days. Ever since then, it just seems like I have more aches and pains. In my 50 years, this is the first time I have not been able to rehab an injury, and avoid the knife. So while I was busy feeling sorry for myself, I came across this video of Bethany Hamilton and Alana Blanchard. Kinda’ puts my little problems in perspective.

No comments: