Thursday, January 12, 2012

This puts things in perspective

I tore some tendons and ligaments in October 2010. The cortisone shots [4 of them] worked for about a year. In December 2011 I started PRP therapy. I see the Doc next week; but it looks like we may end up with surgery. Bottom line: in the past, the cortisone shots gave me the relief I needed to continue sailing and healing. I have had more than I can remember, and in more places than I can count. I’m sure my accident this Summer didn’t help. Nothing like being in a coma for a few days. Ever since then, it just seems like I have more aches and pains. In my 50 years, this is the first time I have not been able to rehab an injury, and avoid the knife. So while I was busy feeling sorry for myself, I came across this video of Bethany Hamilton and Alana Blanchard. Kinda’ puts my little problems in perspective.

No comments: