Monday, January 10, 2011

Yet another tech day

I spent Sunday morning on the phone with tech support again. Still no progress.

New Kindle> needs WiFi = loss of ability to use existing Wireless on laptop and re-install of new service pack, + re-install of new Blackberry Desktop Manager> all of which do not work because of office mandated encryption on laptop = no Hot Sync since Christmas + Automatic upgrade of my Mcaffe Firewall = still no new camera to take photo's of my torn Ezzy's, because the new camera's need a softwear upgrade from my old windows XP service pack 2.
An upgrade is not an upgrade; if it now takes you 30 hours to do what used to take you 30 seconds. and I am not even going to begin to get into my companies new integration.

Thank god Dommer posted that they guys were going to West Neck for a 5.5 session.
You can find the pics of our fine session here http://www.flickr.com/photos/domer2/sets/72157625788082774/ at Steve's Flickr site. It was a big board kind of day. 6.0 one minutes 5.0 the next 30. But it was still above freezing and I was toasty in my ProMotion Drysuit.

We sailed at the private club just south of WN. No one seemed to mind. http://www.flickr.com/photos/domer2/sets/72157625788082774/detail/

Not a bad weekend overall: the wife is as sick as a dog, But I still surfed Saturday, and windsurfed Sunday. Thank you for understanding Lauralee. And, thank god: for with out it I definitely would have killed someone.

It's been pretty cold the last few nights. I fear the ice is coming. Sharpen those blades.

No comments: