Sunday, September 8, 2019

I’m not sure how to say this nicely.

I’m not sure how to say this nicely. 
I appreciate your concern.  But you worry about you, and I’ll worry about me.




If you surf and/or windsurf on Long Island you understand. You have been following storms and weather patterns long before App’s and websites like Surfline, Magic Seaweed, iwindsurf, or live stream beach cam’s ever existed.

If you have been a waterman as long as I have, you remember reading the raw feed from buoy’s, listening to your NOAA weather radio, and interpreting pressure changes on your barometer. You know what an isobar is. You understand the difference between a wind or wave created by a synoptic front or a simple thermal. You have been tracking storms, fronts, wave hight, and swell periods long before the weather channel existed.  

So while I understand your concern. Your need to cater to the lowest common denominator… Your need to inundate the news with warnings about how I am putting first responders lives at risk.

I fully understand the difference between a storm like Sandy that made landfall; and one like Dorian, or Bob or any of the other phenomenon that most of you have no fucking clue about.


Please enjoy some of the best of the current weather we are enjoying.







MOCEAN. A film by Chris Bryan from Chris Bryan on Vimeo.



POSTSCRIPT: Sadly the OBX in this case Buxton did not fair so well.





No comments: